Check out the program here:
As part of the dissemination of the project, three seminars will be held in the Department of Agricultural Sciences as an opportuniy to exchange knowledge with the colleagues from UNIBO.
Today, we offered the first seminar at DIPSA where we presented an overview of the project, including objectives and expected results, and we showed the dynamics established in the past WORKSHOP with the stakeholders in Bologna.
The two other seminars at DIPSA are planned as follows:
- October 2017 – Presentation of the methodological framework and preliminary results
- May 2018 – Final presentation: Results and policy recommendations
A total of 20 stakeholders of the urban agriculture development in Bologna joined the workshop in participatory research design for the development of the methodological part of the project. We had representation from the administration – City Council of Bologna, the Regione Emilia-Romagna, ENEA-, associations – Associazione BiodiverCity-, companies – Horticity, Azienda agricola Floema, Associazione Campi Aperti-, on-going projects in Bologna – Via Gandusio, Spazio Battirame, Làbas, Progetto Orteo, Orti Salgari -and young researchers on food systems.
The workshop consisted of three main parts:
A) Introductory presentations:
- Presentation of the project SUSTURBANFOODS: “Integrated sustainability assessment of social and technological innovations towards urban food systems” – Prof. Giorgio Gianquinto, Dr. Esther Sanyé-Mengual – Centro Studi e Ricerche in Agricoltura Urbana e Biodiversità, Dipartimento di Scienze Agrarie, Alma Mater Studorium-Università di Bologna
- Presentation of urban agriculture projects in Bologna:
- Orto sul tetto di Via Gandusio, Luana Iori
- Spazio Battirame, Joan Crous
- ResCUE-AB e l’agricoltura urbana a Bologna, Dr. Francesco Orsini
B) Group dynamics:
- Elements of environmental, economic and social sustainability of urban food systems
- Quantitative methods and indicators for valuing the sustainability of urban food systems
C) Individual exercise
- Valuation of the ecosystem services of urban agriculture: environmental and socio-cultural services
Watch now the VIDEO of the workshop, clicking in the following image: