Yesterday 18th May, SustUrbanFoods joined the first meeting of the “Aquaponics network of North Rhine-Westphalia” to talk about the sustainability of aquaponics and the case studies of aquaponics systems within the project.
The goal of the event was to exchange expertise and experiences between the administration, aquaponics companies, associations and NGOs, service companies and academics of the sector. The three axis of the meeting were the following:
- How can aquaponics contribute to sustainable food production?
- Which social and labor market-relevant opportunities open up?
- Which bodies are involved when an urban aquaponics project is to be implemented?
- 9:00 am Get-together
- 9:30 am Welcome
- 9:50 am What is Aquaponik – Rolf Morgenstern
- 10:00 am The Urban Green Train Project – Bernd Pölling
- 10:20 am Sustainability of Aquaponics – Dr. Esther Sanyé-Mengual
- 11:00 am Break and exchange
- 11:30 am Climate Expo – Michael Walther
- 11:40 am The Aquaponik Verband – Mandy Schreck
- 12:00 hrs Aquaponik Manufaktur – Ingo Bläser
- 12:10 am Integrated Pest Management – Dr. Peter Dapprich
- 12:30 am Aquaponics and Social Work – Yvonne Fischer
- 12:50 pm lunch break and exchange
- 1:45 pm Panel discussion: Mandy Schreck, Jörg Heynkes, Rolf Morning Star, Peter
Dapprich, Mrs. Bonitz (?)
- 2:30 pm The project Arrenbergfarm – Jörg Heynkes
- 14:40 h Plantastik – Niels Rehkop
- 14:50 am Aquaponics at the FH Soest – Rolf Morgenstern
- 15:10 Food Safety – Dr. Eberhard Büker
- 15:30 h Plant Nutrition – Wolfgang Grüne
- 15:45 Coffee and closing day